Job ID: 12051
Job Title: Small Animal Vet Locum
County: East Lothian
Profession: Veterinary Surgeon
Category: Small Animal
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Ongoing
Job Description: We have a fantastic opportunity available for a small animal vet to join the team the experienced, enthusiastic and vibrant team at a practice just a short walk from a bus serving the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
This well equipped practice has a loyal client base and excellent case exposure for someone looking to complete a certificate of wanting to progress clinically.
You will be joining a hard-working and supportive team including 2 vets (one with a certificate in ECC). Their partner and lead vet has a special interest in dermatology and internal medicine.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and proactive vet, with solid medical and surgical skills. There will be sole charge so you should also feel comfortable with this. Key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the role, delivering excellent patient and client care. You should enjoy working within a team and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. An interest in imaging and/or soft tissue surgery is advantageous, but not essential. A very competitive salary would be offered to a holder of a surgical certificate.
Although our client would love to find a full-time vet they will consider two 20-hour positions.
A normal working week is 4 weekdays 9am-7pm with 1 in 3 weekends (9am to 5pm Sat and 10am to 5pm Sun) with time off in lieu. No OOHs or on call. They can offer flexibility if you prefer to work more weekends and less weekdays or if you prefer to work shorter hours over 5 days.
Included in the package on offer:
• Salary of £38,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience, cert holders negotiable)
• 1 hour fully paid lunch break every day
• Regular catch up and paperwork breaks
• Weekly clinical meetings to discuss cases, support from other vets via phone on sole charge
weekends if required
• Very limited overtime (99% of the time leave at 7pm) but any overtime funded.
• Contributory pension scheme
• Generous CPD allowance, certificates funded
• Paid memberships including RCVS
• 30 minute consult slots, last appointment 6.15pm to allow time for notes
• Career progression and surgical development opportunities
• Increased holiday allowance after 2 years of continuous service
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards